Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Haylie!!!


I can't believe that my little Haylie is 9 years old! Wow, how time flies! Here are 9 things that I love about Haylie....

1. Her smile and giggle. Her eyes light up and she gets a belly roll going and it could make anyone laugh with her!

2. Her kindness. I love that she is so kind to everyone. Every teacher she has ever had always tells me how she is kind to everyone, including the "outcast" and that all of the kids fight over her. She is probably one of the most Christ-like people I have ever known.

3. She is a peacemaker. At home and at school. That is another thing every teacher has told me. Sometimes I worry about her being a pusher-over because she likes to "keep the peace" so much, but whenever she is in a position where she needs to stand up for herself, she always does.

4. She is my guinea pig. And she handles it so well. She might need therapy when she grows up because of all of the "things" I have tried out on her, but she seems to manage just fine, despite her crazy mother.

5. She keeps me in check. She is always saying "Mom, is that the right thing to do" or "You know, you could have said that nicer". And she is so dependable. I can always count on her to get the job done. She is my bestest helper!!!

6. Her honesty. In fact, she can't lie. Whenever she does (which isn't very often) she gets a goofy smile on her face and her nostrils flare. We always end up laughing because her face gives her up every time.

7. She is always willing to face her fears and never gives up. I know there have been times that she has done things that she has not wanted to. Haylie will do it with a smile on her face and she will conquer things that I am not sure even I could.

8. I love the relationship that she has with her daddy. I often say that I feel sorry for whoever dates her. She will stick up for her dad no matter what. She worships the ground he walks on and he does the same in return. (On a side note, another thing that I love about her is how unbelievably embarrassed she gets when we tease her about boys....she gets down right MAD when we bring up that subject. That's right Haylie, boys are dumb, and you can't get married until you are 67, so just keep thinking the way you do.)

Last but not least.....

9. Her testimony. I can't believe that at such a young age she could have such a strong testimony. She loves Christ and knows him as a brother and a friend. Watching her strengthens me.

Happy Birthday Haylie.....we love you and thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing our home with your precious spirit!!!













6 comments:

Mindy Vail Photography said...

Haylie is a beautiful, sweet girl. She had to learn it from someone Carie, she is lucky she has such loving parents. :) Hope you have a great time celebrating!

Ashley Wray said...

What a beautiful little girl! Just like her mama! Loved your tag in your previous post! You crack me up, I can't eat a sandwich or hamburger unless it's slathered in miracle whip ketchup etc! Hope you guys had a blast in Vegas, happy belated birthday!

Jerolyn said...

She is a BEAUTY!!! Happy Birthday Haylie, from your Las Vegas friends!!!!

jeff and char said...

so fun, what a fun post she is adorable!

Silcock Family said...

Thanks for bringing on the water works, that was so sweet! I love how you wrote all of those things about her! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Emily said...

She is a darling girl! Sounds like you must be doing something right with her! Way to go mom!