Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh, How I Love the Holidays!

The Elf on the Shelf...he keeps my kids in line! He appears in December and lives on our shelf. Each night after we are asleep he goes back to the North Pole and reports to Santa about the day. Each morning he is in a new spot, so my kids had to find him. He is magic, so they can't touch him, but they could whisper what they wanted for Christmas and he would let Santa know. Oh, how I love our little elf we named Griddle.
The Tree
The Stockings Were Hung
Christmas Jammies!
The Reindeer's' Treats! Christmas Day
Grandma and Grandpa got them each a sleeping bag with their name on it. They have slept in them every night. It has been one big slumber party!
Playing in the snow
And it can be tough work sometimes!
Shaelee's big party at the bowling alley
Unwrapping the goods!
Happy Birthday to me!!
The Loveland's threw the best New Year's party ever! Lots of good food and games...who could ask for more?!


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Love your stockings.... and the picture above your mantel. Looks like you have been having lots of fun. :)

Melanie said...

I so LOOOOOOVE the elf idea, I would totally steal your idea if my kids were young again. :( Looks like you have been having quite the party throughout the break. You will probably be glad when school starts back up again. LOL!! Oh, I love your tree, so pretty.

jeff and char said...

i love the elf idea, i wonder if it would work year around for my kids!